free website stats program cold ride | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

cold ride

What weather Smitty runs into, tt blows my way the next day. 42 right know and getting ready to leave for work. They say sunny and 60. Great ride home. I'll stop riding when the salt starts flying. Salt will never touch my ride if I can help it. If it's clear, cold don't matter.

I ride year round in Missouri...coldest i ever rode was 17 F ( but was a PGR ride)...as long as the roads are clear....have a great story about a mask my wife bought me...but that too long to tell... she also rides when its cold...longest ride in the cold was like 320 miles round trip...the smiles was froze to out face....lol...ahh btw..we have heated gear....lol..almost for got to add that...lol..i have a jacket liner...and electric gloves...the wife has electric pants, socks, and jacket liner..that help us old people...lol:D

Sad, summer is gone and seems like it just zipped by...I just saw some people at work putting out Halloween decorations...:small3d038:

They say it is over, but it was in the mid 80's today, only the Santa Ana winds from the west blew the desert hot air over here. Cold in SoCal?...tell me where!!!:newsmile030:

Yea this summer seems to have flown by. This was the first full summer with my new Harley and I'm going to miss riding as soon as the salt starts flying. One friendly remainder, watch out for wet leaves. They are worst than ice.

If the roads are dry -10*C is fine for me, if it's raining or roads are wet with the threat of black ice(around 0*-+2*C) I'll take the cage. +3 and up in the morning...good to go.
Did you notice how much the bike likes the cool weather??

I think 27 F was the coldest I rolled out in lately, I'm more afraid of black ice, there seems to be more of it around here than I can remember when I was up in Boston. They don't have much for ice or snow removal down here, so even a dusting of snow, everything shuts down, everything!

And then there are those days you just have to ride . No madder how cold it is.
snowride_4_Medium_.jpg

There ya go Smitty, you don't have to worry about wet leaves when their covered in the white stuff. I'll have to show the wife that picture. She thought I was nuts riding to work a couple days ago at 34 degrees. The thing is, our first frost. I had to scrap her cage's windows to move her car so I could get out. Ha Ha.

DDogg, anytime you get a chance to swing a leg over your ride is not an excuse, but makes perfect sense to guys here...! :D

Yep, it was downright cold here in So. Cal. today. Low 80s. We are pretty lucky and because it never rains here and we can ride darn near 365.

True story, when I was in the Navy in 1970, a guy from Oregon had a 360 Yamaha dirt bike. We were in Machinist Mate school in GLAKES and he rode that darned thing with his seabag tied to the seat all the way from GLAKES to Oregon and then down to So. Cal. in January 1971. I left on a plane from O'Hare and it was -20 below zero most of that week. He was one tough guy! Never even phased him...

Back