free website stats program cold ride | Harley Davidson Forums

cold ride

Drove in to work today at -4 degress, that's 24.8 fahrenheit. Just wondering how was your ride today and the weather. When do you guys stop riding and what temp. do you decide to leave the bike at home?

Rode out yesterday at a nippy 73*F, call me a wuss but when it drops down below 45*F I'm waiting for the sun to warm up a bit.

It was.... nice! 74 degrees.. But we have a cold front coming thru tonight.. The low for tomorrow morning will be 63!

When I lived in MN. I rode new bikes home in Feb. in 1988 and 1992 I would start my ridding season in late March. Now I live in Jacksonville, Fl. and ride every day cold what cold LOL

It was about 42 this morning when I rode in to work. I go more by the weather than the temperature. When the snow starts coming down and staying I put the bike away until it's gone which may be a lot longer this year. Governor says we have no funds for road scraping so the are only going to do what is absolutely necessary.

I think the coldest ever ridden was right at 32F, when I was much younger on my Yamaha 360. Riding gear was not what it is now Had to get chiseled off the grips..ha!
Live on the coast now doesn't usually get really cold, but I call it quits when the temp gets below 50F...brrrrrr!

19 degrees with heated gear. My feet still get very cold no heated socks!
Must look into a pair before it gets really cold out!!!! I ride year round as long as there is no snow in the driveway or on the roads.

Actually looking forward to some cooler weather... the sky is much more blue and clear... will ride as long as it's 40 deg and above.... Gerbing heated gear is AWESOME and keeps us warm.... Our real cold weather is a very short season in the Carolinas and only a few days too cold to ride!

got a little cool up there, I'm about a hundred miles south of Winnipeg and I had 32 this morning. My job requires a truck and cargo so I don't get to ride to work but I did wear a coat and turned the heater on. It is also easier to drink the morning coffee in the truck than on the bike.

Back