free website stats program Coil Shock | Harley Davidson Forums

Coil Shock

ksboy

Account Removed
About twice a month my inner thigh gets on the hot bolt on top of the coil. I hate getting shocked and especially in such a tender spot. They make nice chrome covers, but I've been told that they WILL get loose, hit that bolt and kill the motor. So I'm thinking about putting a little dab of clear caulking on it, but before I do I thought I'd ask you guys if there is a better alternative. Thanks.

About twice a month my inner thigh gets on the hot bolt on top of the coil. I hate getting shocked and especially in such a tender spot. They make nice chrome covers, but I've been told that they WILL get loose, hit that bolt and kill the motor. So I'm thinking about putting a little dab of clear caulking on it, but before I do I thought I'd ask you guys if there is a better alternative. Thanks.

What?!! Post a pix. Wasn't there a cover over it at some time?

Get a cover and use lock-washers.

TQ

My day is loaded, but I will try to get a pic up ASAP. Not sure if it ever had a cover (were they worried about such things in '69?), but if loctite and lock washers will do the trick, I'm in. I need to get some loctite anyway and use on some other bolts that tend to migrate out.
Thanks guys.

Here is a pic of one with the original covers in place

1969_Harley-Davidson_FLH-Shovelhead-d.jpg

1969_Harley-Davidson_FLH-Shovelhead-c.jpg

Back