free website stats program Codes, Comp releaases, no codes | Harley Davidson Forums

Codes, Comp releaases, no codes

BluesFan

The story.

2,000 miles on a Limited.

Bought a Ventilator and installed it.

Went up town and back. 20 miles or so.

Next day, poof. Check engine light and it stopped.

Restarted soon after and limped home. 2,000 RPM max. was all he would do.

Started it later, same same.

Pulled codes after reading here how and what they meant. Had several, highest priority was ACR Solenoid Low.

hmmm, the bracket behind the stock air cleaner held thre connectors for the ACRs. Based on following wires and an inspection mirror.

No signs of scorching or damage on the wires, they were held high by a plastic piece.

Dealer is closed till Tuesday. To avoid crud from them, I put the stock cleaner back on.

Rechecked codes, still there. OOOPS, held the button and cleared them.

Let it run and went for a short ride, no issues.

Help. I'm scared to go far or fast and I can't take it for service w nothing wrong.

Could the heat of the wires drooping just let the wires heat enough to cause a code?

Is there something else to do?

Or just rude till it rebreaks?

Ventilator is an HD air cleaner

Codes shown on odometer on 9-11-10 after check engine light, 2,000 rpm max, and shutdown.

Restarted twice in neghborhood and limped home.

DTC: P1511
FAULT CONDITION: Throttle actuator limited power management mode
PRIORITY ORDER: 91
SOLUTION: 6.23 DTC P1510,P1511,P1512

DTC: P2107
FAULT CONDITION: Throttle actuator control module processor
PRIORITY ORDER: 32
SOLUTION: 6.28 DTC P2105,P2107

DTC: P1655
FAULT CONDITION: ACR solenoid low
PRIORITY ORDER: 94
SOLUTION: 6.26 DTC P1655,P1656

Unfortunately my bike does not have ACR or TBW so my electrical diagnostic manual does not cover those codes. Unless you get lucky, you really need the 2010 Electrical Diagnostic Manual to troubleshoot those codes. Someone may chime in that has the manual. The info on this site or any of my own books have nothing regarding those codes that I can see.

ACR solenoid "low" means the ECM pull up resistor is being pull to ground. (a shorted wire)
"Throttle actuator" is most likely the mini servo motor that drives the throttle body butterfly. Its range is being limited due to some TBW network issue.

Almost sounds like a pinched B+ wire that is being pulled to ground. Something that is around the Throttle body. I would remove the air cleaner and take a good look for pinched wire/ screws being driven into wires, wires without slack for engine torque or twist, etc.

I could easily see a grounded B+ wire throwing several unrelated codes also. Find that 1655 DTC and you may clear all three issues. That is the 1st one I would go after. You have to release that B+ pull down.

Thanks.

I'm thinking the exact same way. Ground.

Basically, treat all problems like boat trailer lights. Check for grounds. again, and again.

When I had to remove the clip that held the connectors, I'm thinking that let a ground form.

I put the stock stuff back on last night. No codes in a short run and long idle.

Could be as simple as keeping the wires up w a zip tie. Although I'd really like to get the connectors apart and slide some heat shrink on. Even if I can't find anything.

Back