free website stats program Code problems. Help! | Harley Davidson Forums

Code problems. Help!

Rbrandenburg26

ok so a few weeks ago I was riding my 2006 softail for around an hour and then I went home and cut it off. An hour later I decided to go ride again and when I cranked it, it sputtered very bad and then cut off and would not stay cranked. The code read p0374 so I then replaced the crankshaft position sensor. A few days later I went out and road around again as I did before, this time I had the same result except that the code now read, p0374 and p0107. Would the MAP sensor cause the crankshaft sensor to fail as well? I'm not sure where to go from here so any help would be appreciated! It's summer time and I need to ride!

In the automotive world this is when you look for places that these circuits have in common- usually grounds. Your schematics are your friend. I have also seen pcm units fail and tell on everything except them selves kind of like a little kid. Not common but failures are possible. If you have found the problem please post finding.

I just dropped it off at the shop a couple of days ago so I should hear back soon. Once I find out then I will post the solution. Thanks for the response!

Back