free website stats program Code P0562 | Harley Davidson Forums

Code P0562

New guy here, but been riding Harleys over 40 years. 2007 Electraglide standard started acting up. It would die when clutch pulled in at idle. Turn signals would not cancel themselves. I replaced speed sensor and all seemed fine for about 10 miles, the engine and battery lights came on and battery drained. Checked and tightened battery cables and charged battery.Turn signals now working. Code still flashes on P code, P0562. I think it may be the stator. My question is, are there any other or simpler things to check?

That code is, battery low voltage EFI, How old is your battery? yes the stator could be going south on you. First thing I'd do is a load test on the battery to see if it's good and charging.

Thanks for your response. Battery is on charger for several hours now and is taking charge, bike starts and shows engine light. I had a stator go bad on a 99 Road King and the engine would die, jump started it several times to get me home. My 07 volt gauge went from 14 to 10. By the time I drove the 10 miles home it read 8. Shut it of and that was it, battery was dead.

It's a process of elimination, start with load test on the battery and making sure all connections are clean and tight. A test of the voltage regulator might be another area to check.

Make sure when you check connections you check the cables on the starter too. That cable is the most unchecked when issues arise. You may also want to check the voltage regulator.

Still stumped. Battery tested good.12.58V. 460CCA. Can it be a bad ground or loose wire? Looks like I'll be taking it to a shop.

Did you actually load test the battery or just check it with a VOM or DMM. Most auto parts stores will check it for free.

Did you check the charging system, or doesn't it start.

Back