free website stats program Code help | Harley Davidson Forums

Code help

I have a 2004 Road King Classic that has been progressively getting worse at dropping rpm and stalling when I come to a stop. I have to rev the engine to keep the bike running, but otherwise it has run just fine. Two days ago it happened again, and this time it "sputtered" even when running.
I checked the codes and 61005 showed up under P/N 67033-04. Oddly enough, the code doesn't always repeat. Yesterday, after checking I lost all power...so I shut down everything and hooked up the battery tender. It charged and all seems ok now. However, as a note, I have always kept a battery tender on my bike and now it sporadically indicates "red" instead of the customary "green". Again, this is not a constant.
I checked it today and no code appears and I have power...
Any idea what to do next?

Yesterday, after checking I lost all power...so I shut down everything and hooked up the battery tender.

Before anything, you must address the battery power problem. Loosing all power, even for a moment can mislead you down the wrong path.

How old is your battery. Did the speedo clock drop "Time of Day" when you lost power.

Back