free website stats program Cobra Fi2000 powerpro tuner | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Cobra Fi2000 powerpro tuner

I have a 2005 EGS that I installed a FI2000, and it has worked great for me. I have had no problems with this device. I have a stage 1 air cleaner, and the screaming eagle slip ons. I have the stock pipes. I set the three pots and left is alone.

Figured I'd revive this thread rather than start a new one. Just installed the PowerPro tuner on my 13 Ultra Classic. I made my decision based on my experience with this tuner on my last bike (Suzuki M109R). It worked great on that bike and it did not disappoint me on the Harley. Bike is running silky smooth with a nice boost in acceleration. I have a screamin eagle extreme billet intake, V&H dresser duals and Rinehart 4" slipons. Couldn't be happier with this tuner.

I installed an cobra FI2000 about 3 months ago on my 04 ultra classic, bike come alive for a stock motor with true duals and v&h slip on's.. and a big sucker ac..
only problem was the gas mileage went from 42-44 down to 32 34.. after about 1k miles of working on the factory settings I dicided to trying diff. settings to see if there is better gas mileage out of this tuner. have done a lot of reading on this site and can't find anyone trying it.
I am aware that, yes it is very easy to just roll the throttle cause of all the new power and losing mpg, now i'm looking for more mpg so I can go on the cross country trip we are planning.
anyone out there trying diff. settings.
thanks

I installed an cobra FI2000 about 3 months ago on my 04 ultra classic, bike come alive for a stock motor with true duals and v&h slip on's.. and a big sucker ac..
only problem was the gas mileage went from 42-44 down to 32 34.. after about 1k miles of working on the factory settings I dicided to trying diff. settings to see if there is better gas mileage out of this tuner. have done a lot of reading on this site and can't find anyone trying it.
I am aware that, yes it is very easy to just roll the throttle cause of all the new power and losing mpg, now i'm looking for more mpg so I can go on the cross country trip we are planning.
anyone out there trying diff. settings.
thanks

Just to clarify if someone is reading this and gets confused. I believe you are talking about the 3-pot FI2000 tuner. My post is referring to the FI2000 PowerPro autotuner. Cobra should've called it an FI2100 or something different as its too easy to confuse the two.

I installed an Fi2000 PowrPro on my 2005 Ultra (built to a stroked 103 c.i., .575 lift Woods TW-5G cams, V&H True Duals with Cobra tri-Oval slip-ons, and a Baker 6-speed tranny). My experience resonates with a few others on this thread: My fuel efficiency also dropped to the high 30s. The bike idles and accelerates extremely well at throttle roll-on. Where its performance suffers for me is at cruise *while using the cruise control.*

It appears to me that the Fi2000 PowrPro works as designed for optimum power at acceleration/throttle roll-on, but when at highway cruise in 6th gear, the device *surges* power about every 2-3 second intervals. This is very annoying. Releasing the cruise control, all is OK as the brain-hand coordination appears to compensate for this. Bike runs well overall, but the affect it has with my cruise control on makes this device unusable for me. HOWEVER, if all I wanted to do is bar-hop, this device is a ticket for maximum acceleration power at roll-on - hence its name.

Back