free website stats program Cobra Fi2000 powerpro tuner | Harley Davidson Forums

Cobra Fi2000 powerpro tuner

I have a PC3 on my 2007 street glide. I have not be able to locate a good tuner and or a close map which does all I want, mild performance, cooler running, and possibly better gas mileage. the bike is stock with a stage down load and SE slip ons. i would like an advance map to help with the rear cylinder temps. i was considering switching to the Cobra FI200 powerpro tuner? has anyone used this item and if so please describe both positive and negative issues. this way i can make an educated decision.

hey patrick, I've installed 7 of these units on various bikes from 2005 to 2012 including my own 2007 egc the unit reads your engine 80 times a second....runs much cooler, smoother, more power better gas mileage and easy to install,the best part is you never have to touch it again whatever you do to the bike including head work and cams. the down side is it's rather pricey at around 600 bucks but in my humble opinion well worth it...just my 2 cents

Tell me how they do it. It does not use any form of O2 sensor feedback for the ECM. It does not use loadable maps. It is not tie into the Lan Network. It does nothing with the spark advance.. But somehow it optimizes the airfuel ratio 80 times a second? The company claims it "Tunes the acceleration fuel delivery in every gear, with every roll on, every environmental change, and every engine mod, whether you're lugging the engine or winding it out to redline: PowrPro reacts, verifies and adjusts instantaneously to current riding conditions".

I couldn't find an install manual to download but they say it installs in 30 minutes. This baby is not cheap. From what I see, somewhere around $500. I would have to see some concrete evidence and be given a technical description of how it works before I dropped that kind of money.
Just my opinion but they went over the top with their claims. To the point where I don't believe it.

hey patrick, I've installed 7 of these units on various bikes from 2005 to 2012 including my own 2007 egc the unit reads your engine 80 times a second....runs much cooler, smoother, more power better gas mileage and easy to install,the best part is you never have to touch it again whatever you do to the bike including head work and cams. the down side is it's rather pricey at around 600 bucks but in my humble opinion well worth it...just my 2 cents

so by my understanding or experiences which you have had are good. i honestly hate the PC3 and i feel if i do not have to dyno and can make additional mods with out re-tuning it is well worth the price. and you say is runs cooler? because the 07s had a huge issue with heat. i have read a lot of reviews on this and 98% seem like the are great. is this your case correct?

it is just like an old speed density system on cars before mass air. i had an hour long conversation with the tech department on that as well.

Tell me how they do it. It does not use any form of O2 sensor feedback for the ECM. It does not use loadable maps. It is not tie into the Lan Network. It does nothing with the spark advance.. But somehow it optimizes the airfuel ratio 80 times a second? The company claims it "Tunes the acceleration fuel delivery in every gear, with every roll on, every environmental change, and every engine mod, whether you're lugging the engine or winding it out to redline: PowrPro reacts, verifies and adjusts instantaneously to current riding conditions".

I couldn't find an install manual to download but they say it installs in 30 minutes. This baby is not cheap. From what I see, somewhere around $500. I would have to see some concrete evidence and be given a technical description of how it works before I dropped that kind of money.
Just my opinion but they went over the top with their claims. To the point where I don't believe it.

the local hd shop did a test on this system and all 3 runs produced the same dyno numbers as well as AFR numbers across the board. these runs were not 0-100 mph either the simulated normal driving conditions and stead throttle rolls. 8.1 hp and 12.4 tq not bad.

it is just like an old speed density system on cars before mass air. i had an hour long conversation with the tech department on that as well.

Ok, but "speed density" uses look up map tables. Tables that are written for a specific car with specific engine parts. If you were to change the VE of the engine, you would have to change the look up tables. But Cobra claims "One size fits all". You never have to change anything with this tuner. Install it and forget it. The tuner adapts to the changes you make to the engine. Change your exhaust, change your cams, it doesn't matter. If that is true, how does the tuner know those changes have even happened. As far as I can tell, it is not tied into the bike in any way. Not by lan network, not by O2 feedback. How does it even know where the TPS is at any given moment? How does it know if the engine is rich. How does it know when it is lean. How does it know how fast your going. How does it know how much load is against the engine? It certainly doesn't know how much spark advance there is. It can't know air density or altitude for oxygen offset. As far as I can see, the only thing it does know is the RPM of the engine and the pulse width of the injectors.

I am not throwing rocks at the product. I am trying to get some information in order to convince myself that this product can possibly do what they claim but I just don't see it.

An installation manual would have told me a lot more but they don't make them available to download on their web-site (at least that I could find) . I can download a 145 page Thunder Max manual. I can download a 125 page Screaming Eagle Super tuner manual. But I can't download their manual.
30 minutes to install with no adjustments. Can't be that many pages. It just makes me wonder why.

Ok, but "speed density" uses look up map tables. Tables that are written for a specific car with specific engine parts. If you were to change the VE of the engine, you would have to change the look up tables. But Cobra claims "One size fits all". You never have to change anything with this tuner. Install it and forget it. The tuner adapts to the changes you make to the engine. Change your exhaust, change your cams, it doesn't matter. If that is true, how does the tuner know those changes have even happened. As far as I can tell, it is not tied into the bike in any way. Not by lan network, not by O2 feedback. How does it even know where the TPS is at any given moment? How does it know if the engine is rich. How does it know when it is lean. How does it know how fast your going. How does it know how much load is against the engine? It certainly doesn't know how much spark advance there is. It can't know air density or altitude for oxygen offset. As far as I can see, the only thing it does know is the RPM of the engine and the pulse width of the injectors.

I am not throwing rocks at the product. I am trying to get some information in order to convince myself that this product can possibly do what they claim but I just don't see it.

An installation manual would have told me a lot more but they don't make them available to download on their web-site (at least that I could find) . I can download a 145 page Thunder Max manual. I can download a 125 page Screaming Eagle Super tuner manual. But I can't download their manual.
30 minutes to install with no adjustments. Can't be that many pages. It just makes me wonder why.

to my understanding it uses the crank shaft rotation as its own dyno gauge. this i am assuming it changes the pulse width of the injectors and when they open and close and how long they stay open. toady i witnessed it being installed and dyno at the dealer. stock 2009 ultra with stage 1 and slip ons. per run was 65.6hp and 69.85tq and with the stage 1 the AFR was still at 16.2. then they installed the fi2000 powerpro and re did it wow 13.6-13.9 AFR across the board and 78.2hp and 81.3tq that is a good enough test for me. both test we done 3 times. 13 hp and 12tq is a good improvement by any means.

I have the unit on my 2006 Ultra and it does give you power but I lost fuel mileage my self. I complained to Cobra and they sent me out another one with the adjustable pod on it so you can ad or lean out your fuel. Cobra from what I understand from another source that in the cruse mode, the touring bikes were running too fat. So I have been running test and making adjustments and I can't seem to get my bike back in the 40's. I don't like other tuners that you have to dump a bunch of money into every time you did something to your bike and the Cobra for an old guy like me, was the ticket. But having problems with the adjustment. And I not going to go down the freeway at 55 mph hour either. I can see that a guy could lose a couple of gal per mile as you are getting extra fuel added and haulin butt down the freeway but drop 8 mpg, and all I have is the Stage one kit, S&S breather with BUB 7 slip on...... Don't know.

Manuals are available for download.

www.cobrausa.com - Fi2000 POWRPRO Page PowrPro Tuner&product_type=3&manufacture=8

I had one on my 09 Ultra. Hesitation, idle issues and gas mileage dropped to 32 from 41. After three different boards and the suggestion to remove the o2 sensors from the unit and having the bike overheat to the point of having to pull off the road, it was replaced with a PCV and AT. The bike now runs like a top.

they either work or they don't . Cobra could not come up with a cure for the conflict between the FI2000 and the o2 sensors.

Back