free website stats program cobra fi2000 installed, now injection won't work | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

cobra fi2000 installed, now injection won't work

What are the advantages of this and who should consider doing this to their bike? Sorry new to the bike tech stuff.

Bike will run cooler and produce better performance. HD sets these bikes up to meet all EPA standards. They run hot and uneffecient stock. The TFI basically adds fuel so your bike does not run so lean. This along with a more free flowiing air cleaner and pipes that are less restrictive = better running / performing bike.

What are the advantages of this and who should consider doing this to their bike? Sorry new to the bike tech stuff.

There's 71 topics on fuel injection alone that would give you an understanding of the units in the self help forum.

Diagnostics and Fuel Injection Related - Harley Davidson Community

This one explains the more popular ones.

EFI Tuner Comparisons - Harley Davidson Community

And here's the rest of the forum.

Self Help Information and Tips - Harley Davidson Community

I installed one of these FI2000 on mine, and right off the bat, I could tell a huge difference even with it stock. I will saty that the Cobra site is right. It does seem to run alot cooler.

I have noted that when I shift to 2nd gear and twist the throttle, it seems like it pulls alot harder and has way better response. Yea I would have to say it was a good investment. I did get the Wild Pigs Slip-ons installed and in that I can tell a difference. Now I just need to get the air cleaner. I was thinking of getting a K&N air filter for the stock breather box. Good investment? I like the ability to clean the airfilter element.

I installed one of these FI2000 on mine, and right off the bat, I could tell a huge difference even with it stock. I will saty that the Cobra site is right. It does seem to run alot cooler.

I have noted that when I shift to 2nd gear and twist the throttle, it seems like it pulls alot harder and has way better response. Yea I would have to say it was a good investment. I did get the Wild Pigs Slip-ons installed and in that I can tell a difference. Now I just need to get the air cleaner. I was thinking of getting a K&N air filter for the stock breather box. Good investment? I like the ability to clean the airfilter element.

for just a few more dollars you can get the stage 1 breather that comes with the a back plate and an air filter. A stage 1 air filter is taller than the one that fits in the stock box and you'll get more air flow. Putting the K&N in the stock box would give you a little more intake air, but I don't think you would be able to tell a difference from the stock one.
For about a hundred bucks you can get the Arlen Ness Big Sucker Stage 1 kit or you could have a look here..........
Build Your Own Stage 1 - Harley Davidson Community

If anyone can help it would be Glider. I have on on my 2005 EGS. I did not install it myself. I had a service shop do it. Man what a difference it made to the ride. I don't know if it is possible to hook it up wrong not. Looks pretty simple to me. Hope you can get some help.

Did you have the power pro unit installed or the earlier version that you can set?? I'm thinking the power pro is the way to go from what Cobra says about it. IT sounds like an amazing tuner

Back