free website stats program cobra fi2000 installed, now injection won't work | Harley Davidson Forums

cobra fi2000 installed, now injection won't work

tgordon1

I did a plug in cobra fi2000 now my bike won't start. I removed it and it still won't start. Any suggestions? Thanks

I did a plug in cobra fi2000 now my bike won't start. I removed it and it still won't start. Any suggestions? Thanks

If anyone can help it would be Glider. I have on on my 2005 EGS. I did not install it myself. I had a service shop do it. Man what a difference it made to the ride. I don't know if it is possible to hook it up wrong not. Looks pretty simple to me. Hope you can get some help.

Take a look at the injector plugs, they have to "click" when connected to the injector to be fully connected. Also check the ground for the unit too.

If it is a clone to a TFI, not much to go wrong. If it does not start after install and removal, what are the symptoms? Does it turn over? Does it try to start? If you removed it and all connections including fuel supply are good, about the only thing that could be wrong is a blown fuse as nothing else is modified. It is pretty straight forward.

Did you remove the Main Fuse and maybe forget to reconnect or not properly connect?Do you have power?

Thank you everyone. 6 hours later I put the chaps away and went riding. My mistake was as I lifted the gas tank a quick release on my tank became loose. I couldn't see it until the line fell out. Plenty of chuckles from my riding buddys that showed at my house wondering what was wrong. Runs great now!! What a difference. Thanks again. Tony

Quick release where? Fuel line?

I am sure he means the quick connect on the fuel line at the bottom left out of the tank. The line feeds under the tank to the injectors. Inside the tank on the other end of the quick-connect fitting that comes out of the tank is the infamous plastic tubing that is prone to pin-hole leaks!!

TQ

Back