free website stats program Coast to Coast | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Coast to Coast

Hey Dr. D and demort,
I updated my route around Lake Tahoe and up 20. Take a look and let me know what you think. Thanks for the tips.

Isn't there suppose to be chrome back here? My stove pipes are looking uumm like dirty stove pipes, anyone know a good chimmeny sweep?
DSC01605.jpg

Any one want to help me clean up some bug guts? I hope the Pledge I put on before I left (in the rain) helps them come off.
DSC01606.jpg

All right I am headed to Gruene Harley in a few. Talk to you guys later

Hey Jake,
I want to thank you for your help. I was showing the wife your pictures and story and she knows that I have been wanting to do the coast to coast for a long time. Well she said since you have some time off right now why don't you do it.

So THANK YOU so much......

I also forgot to post the updated google map link so here it is.

from:3571 Pineview Dr. Powhatan, VA 23139 to:I-40 W to:I-30 W to:I-35 S to:US-59 S to:TX-249 N to:I-40 W to:W Tomichi Ave/US-50 to:US-50/US-6 to:US-50 E to:CA-89/W Lake Blvd to:CA-267/North Shore Rd to:CA-49 to:39.108751,-122.816162 to:US-101 N to:Ce

I don't think you'll be disapointed by staying on hwy 20 in Ca.
There will be some in town riding through Marysville/Yuba City, but look closely and follow the signs and it shouldn't be any trouble.
FYI, for a great place for grub, you can try Granzella's in Williams. Hwy 20 and I-5.
You take I-5 south one exit (1/4 mile) then two rights. It's worth the stop if you have the time.

Dude, the route looks awsome. Hwys 89, 49 to hwy 20? WOW! And before that the world famous loneliest rd. through Nevada, I am jealous.
I am riding to Vegas in a couple weeks and wish I had the time to use most of that route. But I am doing the Hwy 50/95 to the E.T. hwy anyway.
Keep safe and look forward to the updates.

Looks like a great trip and man am I jealous. Looks like you will be here in my area (near Houston) tomorrow or the next day. Hope you have a good time and I know you look forward to getting to Colorado and out of the heat. Good luck.

The pictures and story are awesome, thanks for taking us along on your journey, hope to do the same with a group of 4-6 someday. How is that 09 Ultra? It looks freaking awesome!

Wish I had caught this string in time to offer you a pillow for the night in Houston (Sugar Land). It would be an honor (for me & wife) to offer you a beer, a good cigar, and some rest.

PM me if you want to take me up on it, otherwise I'm praying for your safe and enjoyable ride.

Gas Gauge,
Caroline's Daughter lives in Sugarland and we will be staying with her. Thanks so much for the invite, wish I could take you up on the offer.

IR Rick,
I am going to try and camp most of the time. If its really hot I will get a room. I will also get a room when I need to wash clothes. I think I will be doing alot like Jake is doing. I do already have some friends I plan on staying with along the way too.

Back