free website stats program Clymer shop manual | Harley Davidson Forums

Clymer shop manual

big2wheeler

Well, finally got tired of searching the internet all the time whenever I had a question on my Ultra. Found the Clymer manual online for $29, probably the best investment I have made so far. Should have ordered the day I brought the bike home. That is all.....

Keep it in a handy place and read when you get the chance. It's all about education and how much you can learn for yourself.:s

I have the HD manual and I found it to be extremley user friendly. It's by far the best shop manual I have ever used. I have no experience with Clymer shop manuals for motorcycles so I can't judge the two. But I would suggest your go to a HD dealer and flip though the pages. It might save you some aggravation. Good luck. Bus Driver.

Save you money and get the HD one The after market ones are best used for starting fires.

I couldn't agree more. Why not get the manual published by the people who engineered the bike? They should know more about the bike than any third party ever will.

My 2000 manual was only $46 I'd bet I got $17 more information at my fingertips. One thing not mentioned is I like the way the HD manual has grouped it's information.

I find that the Clymer and the HD manual are each lacking in areas,but between them everything is covered.

+1 Steve. I think having the combo is worthwhile. Don't know if it holds true to all Clymer manuals but I have a Clymer (M250) Softail Manual that has better detail in it than the HD counterpart. Where they get the extra detail and pictures I have no idea because I would have thought that Clymer would just copy or condense the Genuine HD manual but it's not.

Part of it just may be the manual you need because I have seen some Clymer automotive manuals that were really lacking but this M250 Softail manual I have is a wealth of knowledge.

Information exchange is always based on the source. Your coming to HDTimeline is probably an even better investment...as free, informed advice is a definite plus. That said, I use the Clymer for my "on the road" documentation because of it's broad swath of information combining attributes of all three H-D manuals: the Service one is the most important of the 3 MoCo manuals ($60 MSRP each), the others - Parts (with exploded diagrams and annotated part numbers or the Diagnostics & Troubleshooting (with DTC codes and flow charts - procedures) not so much. I have 'em all cause info verses none is a no brainer. :D

Information exchange is always based on the source. Your coming to HDTimeline is probably an even better investment...as free, informed advice is a definite plus. That said, I use the Clymer for my "on the road" documentation because of it's broad swath of information combining attributes of all three H-D manuals: the Service one is the most important of the 3 MoCo manuals ($60 MSRP each), the others - Parts (with exploded diagrams and annotated part numbers or the Diagnostics & Troubleshooting (with DTC codes and flow charts - procedures) not so much. I have 'em all cause info verses none is a no brainer. :D

Well said,:s too much info can never be a bad thing

Back