free website stats program clymer service manual? | Harley Davidson Forums

clymer service manual?

00BUCKSHOT

are they pretty good?i was surfing awhile ago and found there site
a 1999-2005 dyna service manual is $23
i thought not a bad price
so what you guys think yes/no on the clymer?

are they pretty good?i was surfing awhile ago and found there site
a 1999-2005 dyna service manual is $23
i thought not a bad price
so what you guys think yes/no on the clymer?

I think there is a post somewhere on here asking basically that question. And the general remark was "Not as good as the Harley manual" !!!!

Have you checked the manual download section of the forum to see if there is one there for your bike?

I bought a Clymers manual almost a year ago, but if you're doing any intense repairs, their ifo is just ok. I've just ordered a Harley manual for that reason.

I have both clymer and hd service manuals for my bikes
I usually use the clymer as i find its easier to find the info that I'm looking for
I haven't found much of a difference in the level of detail between the 2 different brands of manual
although i don't have the hd experience of some listers i do find the clymer manual to be of good use
although the service manuals don't fully cover everything additional information can be found in the self help section of the site and by posting a question

Brian

Sometimes you get what you pay for...the Clymer has more general info and extracts from the HD manual. But at a cost of 1/3 less, the info it contains is about proportional. Like any good reference book, good reading, but not anywhere as good as the real HD service manual. :newsmile091:

I have a Clymer manual for my Sportster and an HD manual for my Fatboy. I find the Clymer manual seems to be better in some ways. It is almost twice as thick as the HD manual, and the wiring diagrams are very readable and in color, while in the HD Manual the wiring diagrams are microscopic, you need a magnifying glass to follow them, and they are all in black and white which makes it much harder to follow the wiring diagrams.
So fo the difference in price, $30 as opposed to $89 for the HD Manual, I think the clymer is a better buy and just as good if not better.

Back