free website stats program Clutch | Harley Davidson Forums

Clutch

jel123

My clutch is just starting to slip under power its a hd clutch my question is if i tighten up the springs a little will this help for know i,d like to hear from glider on this one,jel

Done all of that on my clutch there,s 6 springs if i tighten these down a little will that help,jel

Come on glider let me know what you think i,m going on a ride this weekend and can,t get parts in time to change it out if i dodn,t get on it im ok as far as slipping goes i would think by tighting the springs it would help in the short term,jel

Generally when the clutch slips and the adjustment in the center doesn't take care of it, then it's time to replace the clutch. Recheck the adjustments again and see if it helps. If it was an aftermarket clutch with the spring setup, adjusting them may give you some additional life before changing the discs.

I thought it was hd it was in it when i bought it as a basket but it has the springs how far in do you think i should turn them im thinking about 1/4 turn thanks ,jel

Difficult to say without knowing what clutch it is. I would try 1/4 turn but get them even on all if you do. Nothing to loose at this point.

Back