free website stats program Clutch tool | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Clutch tool

+1 to the Dr. note. I’ll also be doing the 10K mile service myself soon. It’s the wealth of info on this forum, (from compensator sprockets, IDS, belt replacement, to seemingly simple but invaluable tips on wrenches and tools), along with the genuine helpful attitude of the moderators and the members that allows me to contemplate pushing the comfort zone of my mechanical efforts. As often stated here, the Service Manual is indispensable, and helps offer wisdom on what I’m ready to tackle.:20:

Don't sell yourself short, those services are easy to do. There's tips in the self help forum to show you how including videos.

What funny about this for me anyway is that I used to do everything on cars from rebuilding engines, to everything else. The only thing I never did was tear down and rebuild a tranny on a car.

But I think cause it was so long ago, Over 30 yrs since I have done that kind of stuff I just lost my confidence and with a bike being something I never worked on it just made me a bit nervous.

But with all the skills I still have and just starting to do some of my own stuff on the bike like putting on my lyndal gold z plus brake pads and the 10k service im feeling much more like my old self.

Trust me, I have looked over the fork oil change in the manual and in the self help, I tend to do this stuff many times over so that if I do tackle it one day its not just at the drop of the hat, it makes me more familar and confident.

So I MIGHT give it a try, but I just don't know LOL but I got 15k more miles to go before I have to worry and that for me is about 2 yrs being as i live in northern Mi and a 7 month riding season

Now im curious, why does the manual have you tear everything apart for just a oil change since its this easy? Is it a complete fluid change or partial this way?

Also since it is this easy would it be better to do every 2 yrs instead of waiting 50,000 miles per HD?

Back