free website stats program Clutch Switch on 2010 FatBoy | Harley Davidson Forums

Clutch Switch on 2010 FatBoy

wilks3

Can you disable or short out the clutch switch? I don't want to be at intersection stalled and bike won't start while in gear.
This seems like was installed because somebody was showing off hit the start button in gear and bike bit them.
Any Thoughts?
wilks3

Can you disable or short out the clutch switch?
Any Thoughts?
wilks3

It is not hard to do but since the VSS and 6th gear light will continue to communicate with the ECM, it will cause a B1154 DTC to log each time you ride the bike. Your check engine light will constantly be glowing. The logic state of that switch is intertwined in the firmware of the ECM.

Hoop, That is Logically not what I wanted to hear. To me that should be a owner's choice option......oh well. Thanks for the reply.
wilks3

I read this post a few days ago ,and had to check my bike I can start it in gear just have to pull in clutch? Is your softail different it wont start unless in neutral?

texas tom, No bike will start in gear with clutch in, but if switch goes out I don't want to find out at busy intersection "if" I kill engine with big truck coming. Just seems should be my option not somebody else's.
wilks3

texas tom, No bike will start in gear with clutch in, but if switch goes out I don't want to find out at busy intersection "if" I kill engine with big truck coming. Just seems should be my option not somebody else's.
wilks3

With 25 years riding experience over 8 different bikes I have never had this problem. All of these bikes started in gear if clutch pulled in. The only concern I would have with disconnecting would be having to remember to shift to neutral for bike would now start in gear and start rolling as soon as starter is engaged......

My 2010 Fat Boy was the same and would not start unless it was in nuetral.

I did not like that feature either....

Then that seems like overkill if needed to shift to neutral on every startup. Maybe it will change if someone sues from bike rolling away when not parked in gear while parked...

My Softail Heritage will & does start in gear (1st)... If bike has been setting more than a day, I'll pull in the clutch & push bike back & forth the be sure clutch disc are free & then hit the starter.... I don't like that loud clunk when dropping from neutral into 1st. It just don't sound good to me.

Back