free website stats program Clutch slips | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Clutch slips

Hoople
The bar code is 3155600012.
The bad thing is I ordered three quarts of this stuff because my primary holds 38ozs.

Safehaven
I had the 103 upgrade and 255 cams while using formula + with no trouble. I have seen alot of talk about spectro so I thought I would try it. Their six speed is ok so far but their primary lube is not for my bike. Not kicking their products by any means, just don't work for me.

Hey Wizard,

Good to know. I really like the spectro transmission oil, it feels smoother and more refined with less noise & a cleaner oilchange. Since that worked out so well I also decided to put Spectro in the primary hoping for equal performance.

I'll go back to the formula+ on the next change though, never had this problem before either so I figure going back has a good chance in solving it. Will keep this thread in mind after I make the change back and I have something new to tell.

Thanks for the feedback,

Okay, after about 4 months of my initial reply I've done my primary oil change (it's been very very nice weather here in Belgium for a really long time now, I can almost ride it through winter which IMHO is the only good thing about global warming..).

I went back to Formula+ and have driven about 1000km since the oil change (not that much, but enough to get a good feeling about the effect). Note that I didn't do anything else to the setup since. (same type of oil in the engine, no change to the trans oil, no change to the engine setup.)

Long story cut short: the slippage that would occur with the Spectro oil is gone.
I've also compared the amount of metal shavings I found on the drain plug, and it wasn't higher nor lower than I found while using formula+ the last time around.

I'll be using formula+ in the primary from now on.

Hope my experience helps someone here..
Take care,

Glad to hear you got it sorted out. Is the Spectro primary oil you used a synthetic by any chance?

Thanks for the update too.

Back