free website stats program Clutch slipping question???? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Clutch slipping question????

You could try lifting the needle with 2 -#4 washers and it will bring the fuel in a bit sooner.

Do you have a tach and do you notice a flair up in RPM when this happens?

you mean when i think its slipping? no it just seems to stop pulling as hard. but thats why im wondering if it could slip just enough where it doesnt pull as hard but doesnt slip completely where the rpms zoom up but the bike doesnt go.

I run that needle in my 40mm Kehein CVO carb. and I have two .010 small brass washers under the head. Raising the needle will give you a little richer mid and high circuit.

you dont think thats too much? i mean i have the 45 jet and the richer needle. and if im already up on my throttle wouldnt the taper of the needle already be out so as to defeat the purpose of the washer. and like i said too, it seems that it does it some times but other time pulls great. i know. i need a dyno, but im thinking about doing the heads and dont want to have to dyno it twice.

you mean when i think its slipping? no it just seems to stop pulling as hard. but thats why im wondering if it could slip just enough where it doesnt pull as hard but doesnt slip completely where the rpms zoom up but the bike doesnt go.

Generally if it's slipping enough in the higher gears under hard acceleration, the RPM will flair up so you will notice it.

Just noticed you have the Twin Tec 1005 ignition, do you have the right curve selected? Has it just started doing this or has it done it for a while.

Lang I understand not wanting to dyno it twice. Since this is a sometime problem it could be a fuel delivery problem/clutch adj/air intake, etc. Adding the washers cost you nothing but a little time to install. Adjusting the clutch and primary chain just some time. Since you want to flow the heads all the work will have to be redone for the new condition.

Generally if it's slipping enough in the higher gears under hard acceleration, the RPM will flair up so you will notice it.

Just noticed you have the Twin Tec 1005 ignition, do you have the right curve selected? Has it just started doing this or has it done it for a while.

doing it for a while. i have the correct curve but am still playing with the slopes and timing a bit. but the problem at hand is what got me playing with the timing thinking maybe thats what it was.

Back