free website stats program clutch ring gear/jack shaft damage | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

clutch ring gear/jack shaft damage

That conversion to 103 and using the 2000 starter system Is a little Weak...

If you can (if not installed) install a set of Pressure reliefs valves on each head. That Will solve your problem for starting.

The 2000 is a carb bike?

The advance WILL need to be addressed as that stock timing is a bit much.

There are electronic devices that can be plugged in and take care of that problem, adjustment on the curves and timiing.

signed....BUBBIE

ALSO: Mr Moderator..... Can you Move this thread OUT of Dobecks and into the proper location? Thanks

Signed....BUBBIE

I also had a problem with starting my bike especially after it was warm. I have the 103 with 255 cams. After having compression relief valves installed that took care of the problem. I hope this helps.

I also had a problem with starting my bike especially after it was warm. I have the 103 with 255 cams. After having compression relief valves installed that took care of the problem. I hope this helps.
Borrowing this thread for a question that may also help OP.

Trek,

Have you checked your ccp? if so what were the numbers in that 103 using SE255's?.

I have a build in a box that will do my bike to 103. some head work by Dewey's Heads up in Wa.
and have manual PR's installed..

Bored and flat-top SE pistons and rings Fitted by Prodrag1320.

I think my ccp will run in the 210-215 + at sea level using my SE255's. .030 gaskets and some tighter Squish.

Not worried about too much compression as I'm at 4400 feet and seldom get down to sea level. 800 feet is about as close I get. 8,000 feet on occasion the other way.

I did just install the SE compensator...
That Solved my HOT starting issues.

Thanks for a responce.

signed....BUBBIE

Back