free website stats program clutch release mechanism | Harley Davidson Forums

clutch release mechanism

Can someone help me find a picture of how this is suposed to look mounted on the crankcase cover please? I have looked, and looked.. In the shop mannual it only shows for 1970 and earlier..It seems like a spring should be on it somewhere, there was no spring in the kit I bought to replace the old clutch release mechanism..
it's on page 144 of the clymer 59-85 mannual..

Edit: page 56 in the Periodic Lubrication maintenance and tune-up section. So NM on that!

is incase anyone else need to know 71 and later sportster models.
41257_1260423330379_1823562724_532817_4147446_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Im just a wee bit confused as your avatar says your bike is a 92 ironhead as far as im aware ha stopped making ironheads in 1985
1992 sportster is an evo engine so your engine must be 1985 or erlier if you are buying parts for a 92 sportster then you will have the wrong parts

Brian

Im just a wee bit confused as your avatar says your bike is a 92 ironhead as far as im aware ha stopped making ironheads in 1985
1992 sportster is an evo engine so your engine must be 1985 or erlier if you are buying parts for a 92 sportster then you will have the wrong parts

Brian

oops lol good eye it's a 82

got everything back on, no leaks form the crank case. only problem now. the clutch cable is too tight, and the lever wont pull back bleh...
we have adjusted it,per the shop manual instructions. maybe time for a new clutch cable? it is an old one.

Back