free website stats program clutch question | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

clutch question

Well go fig, thought all good but went out for a ride and everything ok until I decided to get into it a little and wham darn thing started dragging again, what could cause it to lose adj just because I gave it a little bump?, I made sure the lock nut was tight (both on clutch and cable).

The locking nut on the clutch hub has a fairly light torque setting based on the manual. If you just cranked it down, you may have stripped the threads out of the clutch center plate and the adjusting screw now slides out a little when you pull on the clutch. That destroys the adjustment you just made. Open up the derby cover and look to see if the lock nut is no longer touching the surface of the plate. If it is still tight against the plate, you have some other problem which someone else might be able to help.

Well go fig, thought all good but went out for a ride and everything ok until I decided to get into it a little and wham darn thing started dragging again, what could cause it to lose adj just because I gave it a little bump?, I made sure the lock nut was tight (both on clutch and cable).

When is the last time you lubed the cable?

Back