free website stats program clutch question | Harley Davidson Forums

clutch question

Turk55

So I had to adjust my clutch on my 09 SG went through the procses of backing off the cable so their was slack then backed off the lock nut then adjusting screw. Next turned in screw till it just bottomed out and backed it off 1/2 turn, locked down the lock nut while holding on screw from turning next readjusted the cable. Now here the problem, after doing all this when I shift into gear the bike still wants to move what could be causing this? :(

Did u take all the slack out of the cable collapse it completely? And I always run the Allen bolt in and out a few time then back off half a turn like you did never had any problems

Try going as far as 3/4 turn on the adjustment and see if it helps. Do it stone cold too.

Perhaps what you are experiencing is clutch drag if correctly adjusted then some possible causes of drag are wrong grade of oil in the primary, warped clutch plates and a stretched clutch cable

Brian

Perhaps what you are experiencing is clutch drag if correctly adjusted then some possible causes of drag are wrong grade of oil in the primary, warped clutch plates and a stretched clutch cable

Brian

I agree with that. Most any Harley clutch I have ever worked on will have some degree of clutch drag (even when adjusted properly) which can be exacerbated by primary oil which is too heavy, warped plates and/or a clutch cable which is out of adjustment.

Back