free website stats program Clutch Question | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Clutch Question

The movement of the clutch lever while decelerating and accelerating is caused by the movement of the input shaft, which is the shaft that the clutch assembly is mounted on.

This movement is due to the axial load placed on the shaft by the helical gears.

Doesn`t do it in first gear, does it?

That`s because first gear is a straight cut gear.

Early 6 speeds also had a straight cut 5th gear, but the MoCo went with a helical 5th gear for the 2010 model year, to eliminate transmission whine (and to eliminate the customers whining about the transmission whining).

The movement of the clutch lever while decelerating and accelerating is caused by the movement of the input shaft, which is the shaft that the clutch assembly is mounted on.

This movement is due to the axial load placed on the shaft by the helical gears.

Early 6 speeds also had a straight cut 5th gear, but the MoCo went with a helical 5th gear for the 2010 model year, to eliminate transmission whine (and to eliminate the customers whining about the transmission whining).

Sounds like a winner........and no it does not do it in first....Thanks.

Mine does this too....
I'll have to try it in first next time I'm on the bike.

Take care,
Dave

Back