free website stats program Clutch Question | Harley Davidson Forums

Clutch Question

HD91

Hi,I'm new to this forum and thread and am still finding my way re posting etc never been on a forum before.I have clutch issues with my EVO 91 Softail.I was on my way to work and went to change up from 2nd to 3rd when the clutch lever went loose and there was no tension.When i got it home and started looking at it there was no evidence of a broken clutch cable but when i pulled the primary cover off the diaphram spring and retainer clip was in the bottom of the cover and there were a few damaged teeth on the inner clutch hub.I've replaced the clutch hub and pressure plate and its all back together but i still cant get any tension when adjusting up the cable!Any advice??Thanks in advance.

Moderator Note - moved this from being a comment in the Self Help Tips area to its own thread to generate more responses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well in the end it was a stretched clutch cable although the cable seems fine i put a new cable on and problem solved.Not sure what caused all of this to occur though but its all together and i'm riding again!:bigsmiley24:

Back