free website stats program Clutch problems 2008 FLHX | Harley Davidson Forums

Clutch problems 2008 FLHX

Ruff57

As I was approaching an intersection and ready to down shift, the clutch handle bottomed out. I survived the ride and got the bike home, waited for it to cool down and then adjusted my clutch per the manual, took a 1 hour ride and the clutch cable started to loosen up again. I went through the adjustment process again thinking that the lock nut wasn't torqued tight enough, so this time I tightened the lock nut to 100 inch pounds. I messed something up because the clutch handle will not move the basket and it was working just fine before my last adjustment.

37,000 miles on the bike.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Stone cold, front wheel centered, followed the directions in the service manual. I think something might be goofed up under the clutch plate with the cable.

Yeah, sounds like maybe the ball and ramp assembly may have come apart some how.

Attachments

• 08 FLHX Tranny.jpg
    08 FLHX Tranny.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 23
Yeah, sounds like maybe the ball and ramp assembly may have come apart some how.

Bodeen, you were correct. The local dealer picked the bike up and they were able to get it popped back in with out removing the pipes. It's running good now. Thanks.

Back