free website stats program clutch problem? | Harley Davidson Forums

clutch problem?

Riding to work and came to stop light. down shifted to first and waited for traffic. went to pull out and when let clutch out got a grinding noise. Shut it down and pushed it to empty parking lot. starts and idles fine shifts into all gears with no problem and into neutral with no problem. Uncle trailered it home and now have oil dripping from primary. I am at work so won't be able to do anything till get home just wondering if anyone had any ideas 2003 flhr carbeurated

38 thousand no recent mods. not much of a mechanic but would it shift into all gears if it is tranny? And if it is tranny any suggestions on best remedy. As far as rebuild or replacing. Wife is not happy and I have feeling this won't be cheap.

38 thousand no recent mods. not much of a mechanic but would it shift into all gears if it is tranny? And if it is tranny any suggestions on best remedy. As far as rebuild or replacing. Wife is not happy and I have feeling this won't be cheap.

I would Lean toward the clutch as being the problem.. It needs to come apart and have a look.. If you need someone to do the repair , get good reports from a few of your friends on Who to do the job.. Most parts can be ALSO bought used IF NEEDED.....

Not suggesting you use Used parts but IF the Need is there...:newsmile093::swoon

Ebay is One Place.

Find out First what the problem is and go from there..

signed....BUBBIE

Do you have a H D factory manual for your bike? If you do the work yourself I would buy one:s

How long should it take for an experienced mechanic to take the clutch basket apart? My dad has a buddy that can do just want to have an idea of how much labor is invoved. would have liked to do it my self but no that mechanicaly inclined and don"t have all the proper tools.

How long should it take for an experienced mechanic to take the clutch basket apart? My dad has a buddy that can do just want to have an idea of how much labor is invoved. would have liked to do it my self but no that mechanicaly inclined and don"t have all the proper tools.

You had better ask the one doing the job... Don't be afraid to ask or you might get Stuck for More than it is worth..:newsmile093:

I could not see any More than 1 hrs IN and 2 hrs with part out and new part in and button it up and adjust the clutch.... PROVIDING it is the clutch.....= 3 hrs total.

IF you drain the oil that will help some.. and have the new oil handy..

signed....BUBBIE

Thanks! Oil is drained and all floorboards are off just matter of loosening primary cover to get in there
WAP.gif

Back