free website stats program Clutch pak lock nut issues.. | Harley Davidson Forums

Clutch pak lock nut issues..

Deuce12

2002 Deuce

After some hard shifting into 1st gear for several weeks I decieded to do the clutch adjustment myself. I watched the videos here and it sems straight forward. Getting down to the clutch pak lock nut and after loosening the cable, I cant seem to break the lock nut. Every time I try to really break it the bike lurches forward. I cant get leverage without the back wheel turning when I try to loosen the nut???? Am I missing something? I loosened the clutch cable to where it's almost completely unscrewed..What keeps the rear tire from moving ???

Put the bike in gear and then give the wrench a smack with your hand. If you have to have someone sit on the brake to lock the rear wheel.

got it my wife push on the rear brake..Worked like a charm! One more thing i checked the fluid and it was to the rim on the primary with kick stand down almost leakes over, and looked clear as new? Good?

How many miles on the primary oil? If you have the cover off I would change it unless it is new. All that is left to do is remove the plug and drain at this point. Save a gasket as well.

How many miles on the primary oil? If you have the cover off I would change it unless it is new. All that is left to do is remove the plug and drain at this point. Save a gasket as well.

It doesn't use that much oil, I'd change it while I was in there anyway. It won't hurt anything that's for sure.

I was going to suggest the brake also, but looks like you got it figured out.

When your cable slack adjuster is completely collapsed (no threads), your clutch lever will pull all the way to the grip freely without any tension and without actuating the clutch at all.

TQ

I had it backwards..ugh...Thanks..I will change the primary as well anyway!! I just ordered my TFI today so thanks to everybodys input on how well they work I thought I'd give it a go...

got it my wife push on the rear brake..Worked like a charm! One more thing i checked the fluid and it was to the rim on the primary with kick stand down almost leakes over, and looked clear as new? Good?

Has to be to the bottom of the clutch basket with the bike upright and level.

Starterdrivefill.jpg

Back