free website stats program Clutch or Neutral | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Clutch or Neutral

i leave my in gear with room in front of me to get out of the way if someone comes up on me to fast. I'm always looking in my mirror while i'm stopped. if a car comes up behind me and stops them i might take it out of gear but not much.

I always leave it is gear aswell..The only time I take it to neutral is if it is one of those red lights that last forever.

I do have to get in the habit of watching the mirrors at a stop..

Here's the really embarassing part - don't forget to put it back into first when the light turns green! You really look uncool revving the engine, easing out the clutch, and going absolutely nowhere!

Doc, I've done my share of that too! What makes it worse is that the people in the car next to me were checking out my bike ... then I go and do a dorky thing like that! HA ! :small3d023:

I usually leave it in first with brake engaged at all times. i do neutral when i have a long light. when i pullup behind a car i usally angle to the the driver side rear bumper so they can see me in both mirrors as well as having a quick getaway in case the car behind me doesn't stop.

Back