free website stats program Clutch noise | Harley Davidson Forums

Clutch noise

Hearing noises coming from clutch, when in neutral i hear wah wah wah wah wah sound, pull in clutch, shift into gear normal sound put in neutral release clutch back to wah wah wah wah, has anybody heard this before or know what it could be. I am stumped pulled off derby cover checked clutch everything seems good and snug!!!!

I would1st check your Clutch & Clutch cable for proper adjustment and while you are at it make sure that your primary oil is the proper oil and up to the proper level.

Later,

Gator

It is possible your clutch hub bearing is going south on you, its the bearing on the main shaft.

You have to pull the clutch to check it.

Regards,
Chuck

When you release clutch it engages transmission,could just be gears.
If it just a slight change in sound its normal.

Clutch noise that i reported earlier turned out to be a major problem for me. Had to replace transmission mainshaft as it had scored so badly from bearing failure, replaced with all new bearings and seals bike is running fine now.Wish i'd purchased extended warranty but such is life.

Didn't mention mileage on bike or transmission fluid that was being used at the time. That info can make it easier to understand the failure and not let history repeat itself.

Attachments

• Trans Bearing.jpg
    Trans Bearing.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 10
Didn't mention mileage on bike or transmission fluid that was being used at the time. That info can make it easier to understand the failure and not let history repeat itself.

And helps many sitting on the fence about what fluids to use make a more educated decision.

Back