free website stats program Clutch Noise | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Clutch Noise

Checked the fluids before I took it to the dealer today and sure enough, no problem, normal break-in noise. Should quiet down with oil change. We'll see. I put another 150 miles on today just puttering around and almost 600 now. Just wanted to let ya'll know.

Okay Glen, I have to ask, did they put HD Syn in all three holes? That noise could be one of those "-they all do it...(because thin HD Syn3 may make gear in the tranny and primary "rattle a bit" in the long term) JMO. Plus, I don't care to support CITGO (they are the contracted OEM of HD oils...) which is keeping Hugo Chavez flush with US cash for all his USA bashing.

Okay Glen, I have to ask, did they put HD Syn in all three holes? That noise could be one of those "-they all do it...(because thin HD Syn3 may make gear in the tranny and primary "rattle a bit" in the long term) JMO. Plus, I don't care to support CITGO (they are the contracted OEM of HD oils...) which is keeping Hugo Chavez flush with US cash for all his USA bashing.

No it's dino, I think, because its what comes from factory. Gonna get the 1000 mile service done week after next before we leave for New Hampshire, Vermont and the general area. I will put in Mobile 1. I had Syn3 in my Heritage until 10,000 and then went with Mobile 1 in all 3 holes and it really quieted it down and ran cooler.

I asked the service mgr if they had Redline for the Transmission and he said they do not and didn't recommend it. Said it's real gooey and hard to hear any problem in there. Hello....he couldn't even hear the noise I can with the junk that comes in it.

Anyway the first 1000 mile service was included in the deal so I will bring my own oil. I started to say it's on them, but for what the think cost nothing is on them.

Thanks

Back