free website stats program Clutch Noise | Harley Davidson Forums

Clutch Noise

glenalt

I came back from a short ride today and after cleaning it up I was pulling it into the garage. After starting I held the clutch in, waiting so it wouldn't clunk as loud, and when I let it out I noticed it sounded like some marbles rolling around inside making a low level rattle. With the bike in neutral and the clutch held in there is no noise but when you let it out there is. Any ideas? It's a Ultra Limited with 400 miles.

I have never heard a noise like that and alot of people I ride with have the 2010 Ultra Limited. I would take it to the dealer and let them mess with it, it is under warranty. JMO.

Back to the dealer, let them fix it on there dime:)

Absolutely! What they said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What I would be worried about is the compensator nut backing off.

TQ

Any ideas? It's a Ultra Limited with 400 miles.

Yep I have an idea.... If the bike has only 400 miles on it, they forgot to put oil in the tranny.

Before I brought the bike back in, I would check all the levels.
Don't want them just putting in 1 bearing with oil and out the door.

Yep, I planned on taking it in tomorrow and will check fluid levels before I leave. I thought I would run it by here first. It's nice to have a little info before you go in as sometimes the answer is it's normal.

My wife's 09 Heritage had a problem very much like yours (same type sound when clutch was in). Her problem was a faulty start swith causing the starter to engage while the bike was running. When the ignition was turned on and the Run switch was on, the bike would start without touching the start switch if the bike was in nuetral. The service writer at the dealership looked at me like I had two heads while I was trying to explain the issue. When he turned the ignition on to get the mileage and codes (if any) the bike started within about 5 seconds, the Vance and Hines Longshots scared him half to death. It's was priceless. Hopefully your problems will be this simple.

Yea, this is with the bike in neutral and the clutch released. It is very low level and I doubt it is the starter. They are pretty loud. Thanks.

Back