free website stats program Clutch Mods | Harley Davidson Forums

Clutch Mods

Diverwes

I installed the Variable Pressure Clutch yesterday and have to say its great.
Very smooth in shifting and feels awesome. Took all of 20mins too install.
I used the AIM VP95LT off of FleaBay $270 and can not be happier.

Attachments

• 20140822_155605.jpg
    20140822_155605.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 53
Nice! What's the pull like compared to stock in your opinion?

At low RPM its the same as you build RPM it has a little harder pull.
It feels great to me as it now fells like its engaging the right way and it shifts much smoother and neutral is easy to get.

How is it with cold start if in gear and clutch pulled in? Does bike want to pull forward?

No, the more twist on the throttle the more it locks up the clutch. Have the on 2 09 ultras and am quite pleased. Worth the money but a little spendy.

I run the AIM VPC on both my bikes. Both with built motors and the lever pull is reduced from the stock pull by at least 25%. As diverwes says, a bit spendy but a great upgrade.

However, I would not spend that much for a stock or Stage I motor. You can achieve the same result with the EZ pull ramp. More labor to install as you have to pull the clutch cover but will achieve the same light lever pull as the VPC. The HD kit is better than the aftermarket kits and if the bike is '07 up, it already has the EZ pull kit. Barnett also offers an EZ pull cable; not sure but I think they have a super slick lining that allows the cable to move more freely than in the OEM cables.

Both my bikes are old enough that they were not equipped with the newer Teflon line cables; not sure when they were an OEM item. The Teflon cables made a big difference in clutch pull as well.

Back