free website stats program Clutch lever | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Clutch lever

Is there any truth in them telling me "it's worth more on trade in if the service is documented here." I don't see myself trading it in. If the Mrs. and I do longer trips I might get another bigger bike but this one is right sized for me now. Any opinions?

None,no truth to that.I traded my last bike partially because I neede a 10k service,brakes and a tire,would have been 800-1000 bucks,so I put a 1000 down on a new one.They didn't even care it wasn't serviced.
Have traded in a couple bikes and had service records when making a deal. Both times I was told did not matter for dealer supposedly service bikes. The dealer is trying to sell you on the fact of servicing at dealer is the best thing for you..... NOT. It gets more money in dealer pocket and at best you may get bike service correctly.... Harleys are a dime a dozen if you know what I mean. Talk to someone who has or had a CVO model and tried to trade it in. The trade value was definitely not CVO related....As to lifetime Member what Jack paid back then versus what HOG wants for a lifetime Member today you would be better off using membership fee as your down payment.
Its all sales gimmicks.

You actually think you get more on a trade if your a lifetime Hog member?
I got 1k over book value on labor day I knew going in
My old trike they will make 1,500 on when they sell it
It looks pretty all shined up with new ft tire and brakes @ 22k miles
They took the windshield off, it is stock again with my modified baffles

Attachments

• D247BE70-8453-4628-A41C-AC9FC6660440.jpg
    D247BE70-8453-4628-A41C-AC9FC6660440.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 5
They could care less, do they give you more with all the chrome and due dads we add?
No. The only time it's important to them is when they go to sell it as they'll use it as a selling point.

Use your best judgement, if you do not trust your dealer find one u can trust
Your trade may not be what they want JMO
I was not upside down on my trade this is a buying vs keeping point IMO

Sometimes there is back end money for dealer when bike is sold. Plus there are financial points when dealer finances through banks and even more when financed through HD. And then there is the extended warranties that create mega profit. On most purchases, the dealer seizes the moments and gets you to buy all the 300% profit items plus the $95.00 per hour to install them and sells you the benefit that your payment will only go up a couple bucks a month and this is the best part, the installed items at dealer are cover under the original manufactures warranty. So bottom line, the dealer will make you feel like a million bucks for saving you tons of money but in reality dealer has made a bushel basket full of money off you. And then the dealer will top it off by giving you for free a shirt or hat. SO keep in mind that the bike was free you paid $20,000 plus for that hat or shirt as dealer goes to the bank with tremendous profit off deal................
Its all a number game.......

Nobody made much$ on me.There were no finance specials like last time they had 0.9.However I have a credit score over 800 so a credit union gave me 4.9 not too shabby,no back end juice there.They showed me 16500 for my bike,which was worth about 15000,so I consider that 1500 off the new bike,plus an additional 1000 off list of bike.It was close to the bone,which is why I usually swoop in on a model year old unit.And they changed nothing between 2016-17 on Wide Glides.I add nothing to the bike,I enjoy them unmolested and stock.I never get an extended warranty,but I trade fairly often.And I never trade a bike that I owe more on than the actual cash value.

Nobody made much$ on me.There were no finance specials like last time they had 0.9.However I have a credit score over 800 so a credit union gave me 4.9 not too shabby,no back end juice there.They showed me 16500 for my bike,which was worth about 15000,so I consider that 1500 off the new bike,plus an additional 1000 off list of bike.It was close to the bone,which is why I usually swoop in on a model year old unit.And they changed nothing between 2016-17 on Wide Glides.I add nothing to the bike,I enjoy them unmolested and stock.I never get an extended warranty,but I trade fairly often.And I never trade a bike that I owe more on than the actual cash value.
I am covered bumper to bumper til 2023
I do not like surprises on the road
I will trade in 2-3 years if the MOCO makes more improvements, but not a water head
I have NO deductable

They could care less, do they give you more with all the chrome and due dads we add?
No. The only time it's important to them is when they go to sell it as they'll use it as a selling point.

Not true some of the time, depends how bad they want your bike and what model it is

If they can make a profit u have a deal, most times u r best off selling it out right if you cant wait and have equity in it

Last edited by a moderator:
Not true some of the time, depends how bad they want your bike and what model it is

If they can make a profit u have a deal, most times u r best off selling it out right if you cant wait and have equity in it
Well your always better off selling it yourself.But who knows how long that will take,and will you want to be bothered by dreamers who can't even obtain financing.When I sold cars(for 19 years) if someone was going to factory order a car,which took 6-8 weeks,I would ask them,do you want to spend more than 6-8 weeks trying to sell your car?Usually they said no,so I would lock them in by having them sign a contract saying they would pay a certain amount with or without a trade.So if they got lucky,and found someone to pay up for their trade they came back with more money,if not,we had already reached a with trade deal.I can't recall a single person coming back having sold their car themselves.

I got rebate checks still coming, and gift cards I will use on the road
My payment went UP by 4 dollars
I will pay it off in 4 years and laugh and ride til it blows up
The T shirt was free I gave it to Sky{ The Mocking jay} my grand daughter born on Halloween
A life member of HOG has its rewards, too bad they do not offer it any more?
Member since 1988

Back