free website stats program Clutch lever | Harley Davidson Forums

Clutch lever

Johnbruno

I just got my 2016 Switchback back from it's 1K service. On the way home I noticed the clutch had been adjusted. It engaged the engine in the middle of it's travel from fully in to fully out before I brought it in and now it engages at almost all the way out. I don't think I have the same amount of play in it now. It feels like as I let out the clutch it just grabbs at the end. My question is: is this normal? At low speeds I like to play the clutch and brake and I don't think I have as much control. Anyone rec doing the adjustment myself?
Thanks for any input. John

Do you have a cable clutch or Hydraulic?
If it is cable you can adjust it if Not there is NO adjustment

It's a cable. I traced it down to the boot covering the adj screws. I just can't imagine what they were thinking. Aren't they supposed to take a test ride? Thanks for the info. I didn't think it was right.

Had a friend visit from out of state that had stopped
At a dealer for service and they adjusted the cable so much it slipped under load. Like maybe the lube dude had no idea of what he was doing. I back off the cable and he was good as new.

My dealer has started calling after service now.It took 3 tech's to correct a chirp in the rear shock last time I was there.They asked if I would recommend them to any friends,I said NO!

I hope he didn't mess anything else up. I think I am gonna try another dealer.
No and No.... You are correcting the error now. Be sure to check all fluid levels and air pressures also. Your owners manual has a checked list of what is recommended at service interval.

My dealer has started calling after service now.It took 3 tech's to correct a chirp in the rear shock last time I was there.They asked if I would recommend them to any friends,I said NO!
This is why you need to get a shop manual and start servicing your own bikes for 2 reasons,
1.) Your bike will be serviced correctly and not just pushed through shop at dealer and not have a low level Tech work on your bike.
2.) Save a bunch of money and the time wasted having to return to dealer which can be used to be out for a putt.

Back