free website stats program Clutch lever freeplay | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Clutch lever freeplay

Don't forget to get the factory H-D Manual. With one of those and all the info on this site there's probably not too much the average joe can't do himself.

A clutch adjustment isn't likely covered by warranty, so be careful you don't end up with a bill from 'em.

Don't forget to get the factory H-D Manual. With one of those and all the info on this site there's probably not too much the average joe can't do himself.

A clutch adjustment isn't likely covered by warranty, so be careful you don't end up with a bill from 'em.

It's not covered by the warranty but it is part of the 1,000 mile service he mentioned. If this service was done by the dealer, then he should redo it the correct way at no charge since it was already paid for once as part of the service. If he did the service himself, then it needs to be redone after reading all the self help tips on this site as well as the service manual.

It wasn't long after the 1000 mile service that I questioned the clutch adjustment, That I thought it should have some freeplay in the clutch lever. Tracy

It wasn't long after the 1000 mile service that I questioned the clutch adjustment, That I thought it should have some freeplay in the clutch lever. Tracy

Hmmm. This is a very simple process on these bikes. An experienced mechanic should be able to do it (right) in less than a half hour regardless of what service time they are charging you for. If they are short-cutting this simple stuff, who knows about all the rest. I would look for another Dealership for other more serious work if you have that luxury.

But as Glider said above, this kind of simple stuff you should do yourself. Get the book (as WindSpirit97 said) and some simple tools, and do it yourself. You will get a great deal of satisfaction out of it. If you follow the book and the tips here on this site, you CAN DO IT!!

TQ

Back