free website stats program Clutch Issues?? | Harley Davidson Forums

Clutch Issues??

I have a 2007 street glide with about 9300 miles..i changed the engine oil at 9000 with syn3..at 5000 miles the dealer did the primary and oil and used syn 3 as well...it seems i'm having a little slippage in the clutch. someone told me you cant ajust the clucth only from the cable end at handlebar..(not sure if thats true)..anyway some times it seems to be fine and other times it seems to drag?? my next step is to change the primary oil to the harley formula plus...and redline in the tranny..any suggestions on the clutch issue?

I have a 2007 street glide with about 9300 miles..i changed the engine oil at 9000 with syn3..at 5000 miles the dealer did the primary and oil and used syn 3 as well...it seems i'm having a little slippage in the clutch. someone told me you cant ajust the clucth only from the cable end at handlebar..(not sure if thats true)..anyway some times it seems to be fine and other times it seems to drag?? my next step is to change the primary oil to the harley formula plus...and redline in the tranny..any suggestions on the clutch issue?

I would be more concerned with the clutch plates and cable than I would what brand of lube that was in it. You will get different opinions on lubes. Is the scoot still under warranty? How long has this been happening??

not under warranty...it is recent that its been going on....i've been riding for a long time so i know it's not rider error...it just seems a little sloppy?

Do you have the Service Manual? It tells you how to adjust the clutch and you're right, it's not just done with the cable and the lever, you have to remove the primary cover.

Also, most on here would agree that you should do a bit of research and upgrade your fluid choices.

Glideman,

You mentioned both having slippage and dragging. Both are different and usually don't happen together, unless your clutch plates are bad. On the Older Evos, there was a spring disk between the cluth plates that would go bad and cause both of these symptons.

In your case, I believe a simple clutch adjustment is going to be fine.

DS

To much oil in the primary can cause clutch drag.

Plus he fact you said you were using synthetic in the primary , synthetic is slippery and will cause the clutch to slip in time

Plus he fact you said you were using synthetic in the primary , synthetic is slippery and will cause the clutch to slip in time

My bike has 25000 miles on it and has had syn.3 in the primary since new,no slippage.

Back