free website stats program Clutch Issue | Harley Davidson Forums

Clutch Issue

What is the clutch doing that makes you think you have to "change" it. Is it slipping or chattering, as in are the steels warped? I can't think that in 3500mi that the clutch friction plates are worn out.

Someone knows that is usual to have to change the clutch of a 1200 Custom 2012, with 3500 miles? what I have to do?

What is the clutch doing that makes you think you have to "change" it. Is it slipping or chattering, as in are the steels warped? I can't think that in 3500mi that the clutch friction plates are worn out.

Need more info, state what your problem is

it is slipping, I went to my dealer in Mexico City they said that, i have to buy the "pastas" don't know the translation in english, that i have to pay 600 dollars to get fixed, because it wasn´t in the guaranty of the motorcycle, thanks for your comments HDDon

thanks i all ready made 2 adjustments it gets better for a while, and continue slipping, and it gets worst when is the bike is warm Thanks for the help guys and quick replies.

What kined of fluid are you running? does it have a friction modifier in it? I dont know how the sportster are but friction modier in the big twin primary fluid can cause clutch slippage.

I don't about the warranty in Mexico but here in the U.S.A. you get a 2 yr. ,unlimited mileage, warranty. The warranty covers everything,even the clutch. The Pastas are the Fiber plates. You may want to call Harley for clarification on the warranty, not your local dealer, there should be a phone number in your owners manual.
tourbox

I all ready told the manager that this clutch trouble has to be covered by the guaranty but they said that is matter of use, or miss use, blaming me of it, I will try to let it know to someone in Harley Davidson (i don't know yet to whom I have to do it) in order to help others if this is happening to this model

Back