free website stats program Clutch hub bearing grease... | Harley Davidson Forums

Clutch hub bearing grease...

SnoDrtRider

I am reassembling my 84 FXRS after replacing the chain and sprockets and the manual says "be sure to grease the clutch hub bearing" I cannot find what type of grease to use anywhere in the manual...

My gut reaction would be to use a High Temp wheel bearing grease Maybe even a synthetic like Mobil 1... does anyone know for sure?

Just a thought; did you look in the back of the manual? On some there is where all the specs are for oils, grease's and such. Should be in a chart form near the index.

I am reassembling my 84 FXRS after replacing the chain and sprockets and the manual says "be sure to grease the clutch hub bearing" I cannot find what type of grease to use anywhere in the manual...

My gut reaction would be to use a High Temp wheel bearing grease Maybe even a synthetic like Mobil 1... does anyone know for sure?

Wheel bearing grease will be fine:s

Thanks for the replies gents... checked with the local independent HD Guru and he said a light smear of wheel bearing grease on the bearings as well as the compensator ramps and splines.
All back together and running... solo shakedown cruise early AM tomorrow and back home to inspect for leaks, etc. and the wife and I will be out the rest of the day:newsmile092:

Back