free website stats program clutch cover screw thread stripped | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

clutch cover screw thread stripped

It is always good when a problem is resolved especially if it pleases the woman in you life

Brian

Amen Brian. By the way, when removing multiple fasteners, I always remove them and note what holes they came out of as Craig found out, some are longer than others (or like the water pump on an old Ford Ranger...not only different lengths, but different head sizes...yeecchh)...especially if you have no experience or detailed service manual to help, just be patient and focused...you will be fine.:s This is why it pays to organize and layout them, take plenty of pictures and use 18 compartment egg cartons or similar to organize/number sequence fasteners as you remove them.

Last edited:
I use zip-lock bags. Can get a whole box at Walmart for a couple bucks. The ones with a spot for writing on. Then I throw the fasteners from one system or part in a bag and write what it was. If there's an odd size I note that. Like "fender struts - long is front". Also handy if you are trippin to Ace to get new chrome fasteners. Just bring the bag... Plus you can stack all the bags in one pile and leave them there for a couple months while you wait for parts or paint (or more money) and you don't have to remember where things went, or the cat knocking them over and mixing them all up.

I use thin cardboard for cover screws draw a picture of the cover and put a small hole where each fastner goes and as they come off the bike they go in their respective hole on the card sorted and you even have a picture of where they belong

Brian

I use thin cardboard for cover screws draw a picture of the cover and put a small hole where each fastner goes and as they come off the bike they go in their respective hole on the card sorted and you even have a picture of where they belong

Brian

Always a good idea, I draw out tracking of belts on cars too, some times they put the wrong sticker on at the factory lesson learned:s

I used to draw out how things were routed or configured, now I use a digital camera. Yea technology! Btween my ziploc bags, and Fin's cardboard, and Jack's drawing... we're starting to sound a little Marth Stewart-ish...

I used to draw out how things were routed or configured, now I use a digital camera. Yea technology! Btween my ziploc bags, and Fin's cardboard, and Jack's drawing... we're starting to sound a little Marth Stewart-ish...

My bikes are older so i still use old technology to keep me right for re assembly a pencil will work in all conditions even when it is wet and if i brake the point a chisel, knife, and a few other sharp objects laying around in the shed will sharpen it

Brian

LOL we should invite her to join The Forum:p

Back