free website stats program Clutch cover help! | Harley Davidson Forums

Clutch cover help!

Once a Torx is ever so lightly spun in the head, It won't come out to save your soul...

A light duty Knock-off tool is needed to apply even, Quick pressure to get them out..

ME, I carefully use the right size torx bit and keep it straight and pushing in to apply even pressure and they POP right Loose..

I've had to do it the old fashioned way once with a chisel and hammer.. others Drill OFF the head and take out with fingers or a needle nosed pliers after cover is removed....

They can be a Real BUGGER....:naughty

signed....BUBBIE

When it says, use a drill, I'm guessing it means drill bit? I don't get, please exguse my ignorance

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

What you need to do is remove the head of the screw so that the clutch cover will come of and leave the threads in place once the cover is off all the tension is off the thread and the threaded part of the screw can be easily removed by hand or with a locking pliers
it is the tension of the screw head against the clutch cover that usually makes these screws difficult to remove use a drill to drill the head off

Brian

What you need to do is remove the head of the screw so that the clutch cover will come of and leave the threads in place once the cover is off all the tension is off the thread and the threaded part of the screw can be easily removed by hand or with a locking pliers
it is the tension of the screw head against the clutch cover that usually makes these screws difficult to remove use a drill to drill the head off

Brian

Very good read here, The captive washers under the bolt heads causes the problems, I use Antisieze here never had a problem :s

Originally Posted by jeepin
When it says, use a drill, I'm guessing it means drill bit? I don't get, please exguse my ignorance

Use a quality drill bit, if you have a left hand bit some times you can spin the broken fastener out:s

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't stand torx bits, it still baffles me as to the reason of use.

I can't stand torx bits, it still baffles me as to the reason of use.

Easy for the robotics to hold them in place while assembling the cover:s

Back