free website stats program Clutch cable | Harley Davidson Forums

Clutch cable

mat 60

My bars came in today:D and while adjusting my new clutch cable when I release the clutch lever it doesn't go all the way back out...Im wondering if there is a problem?...

The cable came from hill country along with bars new clutch lever...Im pretty shore of my install....Question ...when you pull in the clutch doesn't it push on a rod with fins on it ....When I had the cover off is that rod going to turn freely?

yes the right side cover that I had to take off to change the cable.....Do I also need to adjust cluch when I change cable because all I did is adjust cable itself

If it's the right length cable, you shouldn't have to adjust the clutch, however it wouldn't hurt to do it anyway.

Are you sure you got all 3 balls into the ramp when you changed the cable? Squeeze the clutch lever 3 times before adjusting anything to reseat the balls in the ramp too.

Ok.....Ill do it tomorrow and see if that helps....Thanks...Sorry that I dont do well explaining myself...:)

Well, Well,Well........After I adjusted the clutch and checked the ramp and balls to no luck:).I took the clutch Handel off and installed the Handel back on without the cable only to find out the plastic piece was to tight...All I had to do is sand it down a little..Oh god help me..:newsmile100:..I no you guys can tell that I havent worked on bikes.....

Back