free website stats program clutch cable adjustment 2002 electra glide classic | Harley Davidson Forums

clutch cable adjustment 2002 electra glide classic

Slinky

I installed a new clutch cable in my scoot. Seemed easy enough. After installation,I cannot adjust the cable slack out enough to the lever up to the stop. The adjuster backs all the way out but there is still too much slack...HELP.

I installed a new clutch cable in my scoot. Seemed easy enough. After installation,I cannot adjust the cable slack out enough to the lever up to the stop. The adjuster backs all the way out but there is still too much slack...HELP.

Did you get the right cable? While adjusting out, squeeze clutch handle in and out several times to reset/position the balls?

Where is the clutch adjustment NOW???

look here for a good way to adjust..

Harley Davidson Community

signed....BUBBIE

I told the dealer what I needed so I hope so. The adjusting nut is all the way out or down.it shouldn't be necessary to adjust the clutch also should it? My cable broke at the lever and I just installed the new one

Make sure the cable travel is the correct lenth. Sounds like it may to to long for your bike. If so you wont be able to get the slack out.

I told the dealer what I needed so I hope so. The adjusting nut is all the way out or down.it shouldn't be necessary to adjust the clutch also should it? My cable broke at the lever and I just installed the new one

When you loosen the Lock nut and turn in the center bolt, the cable shortens.... Try it, you'll see.

signed....BUBBIE

Bubbie has you covered here. You definately need to pull the derby cover and adjust the clutch. That will probably solve your problem but if you still have too much free play then call the dealer and make sure they gave you the right cable.

Well guess what, I called the dealer and they gave me a cable for an 08 not an 02. I will try again today. Thanks.

Well guess what, I called the dealer and they gave me a cable for an 08 not an 02. I will try again today. Thanks.

HMMMmmmmm that sound like out of the HD Bad story book.....:newsmile055:

Better with the Right cable.. Now you know how to install it anyways..:s

signed....BUBBIE

Back