free website stats program clutch adjustment | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

clutch adjustment

My clutch is a rivera primo, 3" open belt drive, can anyone tell me how to pull the clutch plates out thanks.

I have a Rivera Primo 3" belt drive and clutch, can someone tell me how to remove the clutch plates thanks.:)

Can anyone give me some information on removing clutch plates on a Rivera Primo 3" belt drive with dry clutch plates thanks

The web site I provided is their site for assembly and disassembly.

If your clutch looks like the one in the PDF that HDDon put up in post #15 then do this.
Loosen the clutch cable slack all the way, adjuster is near the middle of the frame down tubes at the front of the motor. Undo the locking tabs on the 4 nuts on the clutch hub and remove the nuts. Remove the spring retainer, diaphragm spring and the pressure plate. They just slide out.After that you can see the clutch plates. They also just slide out, you may need a pic or small screw driver to get the plates out . Keep them in the order you took them out. There are 2,I believe, pieces that have OUT stamped on them. I think they are the pressure plate and spring retainer. Be sure to put them back correctly. If you read the PDF it explains how to install it.
tourbox

Thanks for all the info, when I tore into the clutch I found that someone had installed the clutch spring backwards, again thanks

Back