free website stats program cluncking noise | Harley Davidson Forums

cluncking noise

dmead12

I have a cluncking noise that I can't tell were it is coming from that is driving me crazy you only hear it over bumps. Any ideas of what it could be the bike is 2006 Super Glide

it don't sound like its coming from the front end of the bike? it sounds like the noise is under the frame but I took everything off that I thouht would make noise and road it down the road and still made the noise.

Check the exhaust pipes and hangers, they will make a clunking noise too. How about the engine mount and stabilizer links?

Also check the Jiffy stand rubber bumper .. Riding buddy ask me to help him fin the noise on the 4th only over bumps .. looked and the rubber was gone .. hep picke one up Sat and went for a ride said that fixed it

Are you hearing this noise EVERY time you ride over a bump, or just once in a while when you hit one of those pot holes made by a mortar round? Is your bike actually down shifting based on hitting that kind of hole hard?

TQ

What kind of shocks do you have? Are they adjustable? Any chance that you are "bottoming out"? Are you running an oversize (wide) tire that may be hitting the side of the fender? Have you checked all the obvious fasteners to make sure everything is tight? What about the kickstand bumper rubber as "Bud White" mentioned above?

TQ

I took this bike to the dealer and they could not found the cluncking noise said it might be the swingarm. Has anyone had swing arm problems?

Back