free website stats program Club/Group/Etc | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Club/Group/Etc

this will be my 4th year in a chapter. i also ride with a small group from work maybe between 3 and 8 bikes. the wife and I skipped riding with the work group last yeay because the small group was doing things not to our liking and now the trouble has left the group we will try again, back down to the original 3 bikes and 7 people

I generally ride with the wife in co-pilot position and the two of us will head to where ever suits us for the day. I do like riding with other people but avoid the big runs. Best system I found is when I am going to plan a ride, I put the word out to my friends of when, where and why, and a meeting place and time. No expectations, thrilled if some show, just as thrilled if none do as I am still going for a ride.

we did the oyster run in anacortes this past year, it was awesome. Started with me and wife, we rode from Forks to Sequim, met brother and two buddies, rode to Port Townsend, along the way merged with about 12 riders coming from Bremerton Tacoma area and one guy from Australia riding the States...We all stopped to wait for Whidby Island Ferry and were joined by about 20 more riders. Made some new friends on the wait and our initial group of 4 bikes turned into a group of about 15 bikes...No issues, just fun riding time. Clubs are fine for those who like a structured set up...I was part of GWRRA for several years and Blue Knights, only attended 1 meeting for GWRRA and never made any Blue Knights meetings as they were 4 hrs away. Now I run Indy again and am very happy. benefit to the clubs is there is usually someone always readily available to help you when you need maintenence or break down.

bcortani - sounds like we might have more in common reading between the lines...
Do you know a skinny tall guy named Bob in Burien?

This weekend I saw a couple guys with Sons of Armageddon patches in Camas, WA. I looked it up later. "Started in ealry 2010". They had some links to other similar clubs. Then I started surfing around...

WOW! I guess I have been in a vortex or something! There are a TON of new three peice M/Cs out there across the nation. Wild Hogs and Sons of Anarchy must have really started something huh? It makes me wonder if the old school M/Cs will start to change... They used to be extreemly territorial and confrontational about anyone starting a club without COC permission, or permission from the dominate club of the area. But, I wonder if they are going to find it useful to try to shut down the thousands of new clubs springing up now days... hhmmm.

Its kind of like flooding the market. I remember when Urban Cowboy came out and everyone started dressiing like cow boys. Then the real cow boys started dressing like construction workers so they weren't lumped in with the wanna be's... Will be interesting to watch the trend!

Back