free website stats program cloudy headlight | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

cloudy headlight

What I have done is to take a few drops of dish detergent and water and remove the reflector. Put it in the hole where the bulb goes in and swish it around. Rinse it good and blow it dry with some low pressure air or put it out in the sun for a while to dry it out. When it's thoroughly dry, reinstall it. Looks like new again.

Well mine is perfect now!!!!!!!!!!! Coz I dropped it, and broke it while trying to remove it and now after 94 bucks later its perfect coz its freakin brand spanking new!!!!!...Man I'm so freaking clumsy!!!:cry

My running lamps were cloudy so I washed them out with dawn dish detergent then washed them out a second time with cascade to help with the water spots I get with the hard water we have here. . Dried them with a hair dryer on the cool setting and they look brand new.

As long as you have the headlight apart you should change the Hi-beam fluid. I highly recommend the synthetic.

What kind of synthetic do you recommend. Better watch what your writing somebody might take you seriously and try to change the fluid.:bigsmiley24:

As long as you have the headlight apart you should change the Hi-beam fluid. I highly recommend the synthetic.

IF you use a GOOD synthetic and not a "wanna be" yes do it!!! You will get a smoother shift over from low to hi beam . :lolrolling :lolrolling

IF you use a GOOD synthetic and not a "wanna be" yes do it!!! You will get a smoother shift over from low to hi beam . :lolrolling :lolrolling

Did the detergent in headlight clean, worked great, chk'd headlight fluid and was good there, but had to change blinker fluid though.

Back