free website stats program Clothing made in the US | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Clothing made in the US

I wrote to Chippewa Nov.24, asking why my boots (see post #2) were made in china, and they advertise "handcrafted in the USA". Here's the reply I got today.

Thank you for contacting Chippewa boots.
We apologize for the delay in response. While some of our boots are manufactured in the US, in order to be competitive in the current market we do also have some of our boots manufactured in China. The easiest way to tell if a boot is made overseas in our line is that we use the widths M W or XW on those styles. We use B, D, E, EE, EEE and 4E on American made product.
We appreciate your continued support of our brand.
Chippewa Customer Service

I guess I should have known if I wanted American made boots, to order 10E, not 10W. Silly me, I just let myself believe thier statement ment ALL of thier products were USA.

Thank you Breeze for following up. A lot of us here at HDT try to buy USA and this is a nice bit of info for those who have enjoyed Chippewa boots. My last pair was purchased about 10 years ago, so armed with this info I will look into checking them out.

Checked my Harley boot sand found the " made in china "tag. Wasn't thinking at the time I bought them. I do have to say they are holding up very well after 2 years and are very comfortable.

I pulled the tag out-- for what ever that's worth. I'll have guilt dreams tonight.

Last edited:
Back