free website stats program Close Call | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Close Call

As and avid duck hunter as cruel as it may sound, run them over, it's not worth crashing yours or your buddy's bike over trying not to take one of them out. They are locals to begin with and they multiple fast. Ride safe. Now if it were a wild turkey that's a totally different thing, they are like hitting a bowling ball and hitting one would surely not end well.

Joe, I believe I know the person you mention. If it's the one I know, It happened on the Pond Road in Sidney and he has been on a long road to recovery. He is doing much better now but still appears to have some deficit due to the trauma. It was a tough recovery for him AND his family.

Mark, It's tough to say how I would have reacted since the shoe was on your foot and if I put it on it may not fit quite the same. Every situation we get caught up in is different. As someone posted earlier, your speed, Will's speed, distance between you, location of the ducks, the road itself, oncoming traffic, all play a part.

Just glad you're ok...

Yup that,s the one.:(

Matt, glad your ok i have been away for a bit work and stuff. when me and my buddies ride i am usally in the back. no one likes the sound of my softail at 70mph. and i always try to keep 3 sec behind just is case i am looking at something the same time buddy is braking for say a duck (?).
once again glad you are ok and see you in the coffee room.

Glad everyone is OK. Last trip on the Blue Ridge Parkway One squirrel and 2 chipmunks didn't make it home to their family's that day. Cindy and I made it safety to our motel for the night. That's what is important to me.

It could have been worse, they could have been a family of Gators :D.
On a more serious note, you both got home safe and the damage was minimal.
Thanks for sharing this with us. All messages like this help to keep us all aware and alert.

Back