free website stats program close call!!!! | Harley Davidson Forums

close call!!!!

gator508

Experienced Member
MBHD had an open house yesterday and as I was heading out of the neighborhood a rather large branch fell out of a tree about 50 yards in front of where I was heading. Grabbed a foot and handfull of brake to slow and swerved to miss it. Stopped the bike a pulled the branch to the side of the road and continued on my way.

Never had anything like this happen before and there was a high wind warning for my area. Guess I'll keep a sharper eye on the trees from now on when the wind it up.

Whew!!

This is the time of year in my area that has a lot of hazards on the road high winds will remove branches from trees or put the whole tree on the road leaves are changing colour and falling on the road wet leaves will prevent the tyres from sticking to the road
Farmers are in the middle of the potato harvest and the tractors seem to pull a lot of mud from the fields on to the roads it should be cleaned from the road before dark by the farmers but it is left for vehicles and weather to clear it
So take care on the autumn roads out there they could be hazardous

Brian

Watch out there Gator, no guarantees on this planet LOL. My neighbor's mother (who is 86 btw) was out walking in her yard and a limb just cracked off and fell down on her and broke her shoulder. Crazy.

Watch out there Gator, no guarantees on this planet LOL. My neighbor's mother (who is 86 btw) was out walking in her yard and a limb just cracked off and fell down on her and broke her shoulder. Crazy.

Will do!
Most of the leaves are still intact and not all the acorns have fallen yet!

Another example as to why we have to ride/drive more defensibly than ever before. Seems we always look ahead, to the right, to the left, to the rear and many times below. We also need to be aware of what's above. Glad you were riding defensibly and didn't get hurt.

Glad you weren't 50-yds further down the road...bad weather season for everyone & I bet the trees will be shedding tons of debris all over USA.

Whew talk about a close call, glad you and your bike are OK, We are having a real problem here in the SE this fall with high winds and too much rain:s

I can relate.

Took a little ride around the neighborhood after Hurricane Irene,. wires hanging down!

We have to have eyes in the back of our head these days. There are more dangers than just other vehicles, for sure.

We had VERY heavy, wet, snow yesterday. Trees were snapping, branches breaking, power lines down every where. I went outside to clean the wife's car off. I heard a loud CRACK, and a huge limb landed on the ground not 5 feet from me. After that I spent more time looking up than I did at the car. lol

Back